Posted to dev@hdt.apache.org by Rahul Sharma <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/03 17:31:34 UTC

Maven build

Hi devs,

I tried doing  a maven build this via a simple copy process, where I am
copying the required dependencies and generation the required packaging.
But there are some issues in the same. Eclipse does not publish their
latest artifacts in maven central or any of the other repositories[1].  I
could only find dependencies for 3.6 version of eclipse core [2].  Other
related dependencies like swt, Jfaces [2] etc are also of older versions,
available via maven central.

In order to get around the problem I checked how they are doing it in tycho
plugin, as they use the latest versions there. They are packing their own
jars and we could use a few(osgi, runtime etc), which can provide us the
latest versions. I am not sure of what to with the rest, if we do it in
this manner.

Much of the problem is due to the eclipse pde
libs(core,runtime,osgi,emf,jface,swf etc) that are required for the build.
I have also tried maven-pde plugin but that requires eclipse path of the
machine. I believe it is not actively developed anymore.

Are there any suggestions ?

regards
Rahul

[1] https://oss.sonatype.org
[2] http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.eclipse.core
[3] http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.eclipse/jface

Re: Maven build

Posted by Rahul Sharma <ra...@gmail.com>.
Guys,

Since we are discussing a release point, I was thinking can we make a
release from the current src in *hadoop-eclipse-merge* branch. We haven't
made a release till now and thus there are no features that we should think
about supporting. Our release should consist of a complete feature, which
can be the server look-ups (Zookeeper/HDFS) which have been well developed
by Srimanth. It would take time to get the MR piece up and running, even in
the current src in master that needs well polishing. So I was thinking if
we can aim to make a release by taking care of the icons issue[1]. Just
needed to check how others think about the same.

regards,
Rahul

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDT-40

Re: Maven build

Posted by Srimanth Gunturi <sr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rahul,
HDFS needs file-system like interactions, and hence its most useful in the
project explorer as a regular project.

ZK on the other hand is more a hierarchy of nodes/models, hence can be
shown in the servers view.
Regards,
Srimanth

Re: Maven build