Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Dignesh <dg...@opentext.com> on 2017/02/24 10:29:40 UTC

TomEE startup deployment order not honored.

Hi,

I am using 7.0.2 version of TomEE. The issue is when i start the TomEE
server , the initialization order which i specify in application.xml is not
honoured. Below is my application.xml present in meta-inf folder of my ear.

Is there is any other setting that needs to be configured to get this
working?

I need my ejb jar to be initialized first and then my webapps

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<application version="5" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee"
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/application_5.xsd">
   <display-name>Dignesh</display-name>
   <initialize-in-order>true</initialize-in-order>
   <module>
      <ejb>dignesh-ejb.jar</ejb>
   </module>
   <module>
      <web>
         <web-uri>root1.war</web-uri>
         <context-root>root1</context-root>
      </web>
   </module>
   <module>
      <web>
         <web-uri>root2.war</web-uri>
         <context-root>root2</context-root>
      </web>
   </module>
</application>

Thank you,
Dignesh,

Re: TomEE startup deployment order not honored.

Posted by tschuler <th...@opentext.com>.
Hi Dignesh!

Look at application http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/application_5.xsd: It
does not support initialize-in-order tag.
Use http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/application_6.xsd instead.

Best regards,
Thomas