Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org> on 2004/08/22 23:28:36 UTC

Usecases in separate sitemaps

Hello Devs,

the kupu usecase got a big bit atm. And the fact that I use flow and jx
make me wonder if it makes sense  to swap the kupu uscase into a
separate sitemap.

>>From flow I call piplines again, which makes it hard in the
usecase.xmap, since the matchers are all for the usecases and steps.
However, it would give big usecases more flexability to be mounted
separate and would keep the global usecase sitemap cleaner an smaller.

I also wondered where to place the jx files and other stuff.

I would like to have

* an automount mech. if no pipelines matched in uscase.xmap for
existing separate usecase sitemaps

* have a directory for each usecase under lenya/usecases/
i.e.
lenya/usecases/kupu
lenya/usecases/formeditor /* If needed! */
lenya/usecases/whateverbigusecase

WDYT?

--
Rolf Kulemann

Re: Usecases in separate sitemaps

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Rolf Kulemann wrote:

[...]

> ATM files are grouped by type xslt, content, etc.
> IMHO they should be grouped by usecases and functionalities.

This was the case in Wyona CMS and led to the problem
of ambiguity. Sometimes it was very hard to determine the
correct location of a file. That's why we decided to group
files by type instead of functionality.

But I think when it comes to usecases the grouping is
quite natural. Maybe we'll have a "shared" or "common"
directoy for shared files.

-- Andreas

Re: Usecases in separate sitemaps

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 2004-08-23 at 09:42, Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Rolf Kulemann wrote:
>
> > Hello Devs,
> >
> > the kupu usecase got a big bit atm. And the fact that I use flow and jx
> > make me wonder if it makes sense  to swap the kupu uscase into a
> > separate sitemap.
> >
> >>From flow I call piplines again, which makes it hard in the
> > usecase.xmap, since the matchers are all for the usecases and steps.
> > However, it would give big usecases more flexability to be mounted
> > separate and would keep the global usecase sitemap cleaner an smaller.
>
> +1
>
> > I also wondered where to place the jx files and other stuff.
> >
> > I would like to have
> >
> > * an automount mech. if no pipelines matched in uscase.xmap for
> > existing separate usecase sitemaps
> >
> > * have a directory for each usecase under lenya/usecases/
> > i.e.
> > lenya/usecases/kupu
> > lenya/usecases/formeditor /* If needed! */
> > lenya/usecases/whateverbigusecase
>
> +1
>
> But I don't feel good about the "big" in "whateverbigusecase".
> IMHO we shouldn't have separate concepts/directories for different
> usecases depending on "size" (whatever that means).
>
> It would be fine with me to have a directory for each usecase.
> This would create a nice grouping of files (-> packaging?).

That was my intention. ATM files belonging to usecases are spread in the
lenya dirs even if they are not globally useful.

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Rolf Kulemann wrote:

> Hello Devs,
>
> the kupu usecase got a big bit atm. And the fact that I use flow and jx
> make me wonder if it makes sense  to swap the kupu uscase into a
> separate sitemap.
>
>>>From flow I call piplines again, which makes it hard in the
> usecase.xmap, since the matchers are all for the usecases and steps.
> However, it would give big usecases more flexability to be mounted
> separate and would keep the global usecase sitemap cleaner an smaller.

+1

> I also wondered where to place the jx files and other stuff.
>
> I would like to have
>
> * an automount mech. if no pipelines matched in uscase.xmap for
> existing separate usecase sitemaps
>
> * have a directory for each usecase under lenya/usecases/
> i.e.
> lenya/usecases/kupu
> lenya/usecases/formeditor /* If needed! */
> lenya/usecases/whateverbigusecase

+1

But I don't feel good about the "big" in "whateverbigusecase".
IMHO we shouldn't have separate concepts/directories for different
usecases depending on "size" (whatever that means).

It would be fine with me to have a directory for each usecase.
This would create a nice grouping of files (-> packaging?).

lenya/usecases/formeditor/usecase.xmap
lenya/usecases/formeditor/usecase.js
lenya/usecases/formeditor/usecase.jx

-- Andreas

Re: Usecases in separate sitemaps

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Rolf Kulemann wrote:

[...]

>>>I would suggest that we try to release 1.2.1 as soon as possible and
>>>then start do the usecase thing within 1.2.2-dev
>>
>>+1
>

> Mmmh, why not now? Its just adding a matcher and a directory....
> Please convince me...
>
> Otherwise I would have to checkin an ugly sitemap...

It's fine with me to add it to 1.2.1-dev.

-- Andreas

Re: Usecases in separate sitemaps

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Rolf Kulemann wrote:

>Hello Devs,
>
>the kupu usecase got a big bit atm. And the fact that I use flow and jx
>make me wonder if it makes sense  to swap the kupu uscase into a
>separate sitemap.

+1 I think we discussed that already some time ago, generally for all
usecaess, but I think we agreed to postpone it after the release of 1.2,
which now exists.

I would suggest that we try to release 1.2.1 as soon as possible and
then start do the usecase thing within 1.2.2-dev

WDYT?

Michi

--
Michael Wechner