Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by za...@netscape.net on 2002/12/20 01:48:13 UTC

Mixing Xalan 2.0.1, Xerces 1.4.2, and the latest XSLTC (2.4.1)

Hi,

I'd like to use XSLTC translets in my application, but need to stay with Xalan 2.0.1 and Xerces 1.4.2 because of compatibility concerns for parts of the application. Is it ok to include xsltc.jar into my classpath alongside with the older versions of Xerces and Xalan? Reading the documentation I saw no indication of any use of conventional Xalan classes from xalan.jar or dependency on a later Xerces, but I wanted to make sure.

Thanks, zak

Re: Mixing Xalan 2.0.1, Xerces 1.4.2, and the latest XSLTC (2.4.1)

Posted by Santiago Pericas-Geertsen <Sa...@sun.com>.
Zak,

 The current version of XSLTC depends only on Xerces (or on any other
JAXP-compliant parser for that matter). I don't remember when was the last
time we've used Xerces 1.4.2, though.

-- Santiago

http://webmail.netscape.com/