Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Adam Moffett <ad...@plexicomm.net> on 2010/07/08 16:52:41 UTC

Flagged as spam but accepted

2010-07-08 09:05:01 1OWqmi-0005N3-JU /*SA: Action: flagged as Spam but
accepted: score=4.0 required=4.0 */(scanned in 0/0 secs | Message-Id:
20100708130436.52C7D1CB1A29@mail.microton.com.br). From
<ca...@habitat.com> (host=NULL [189.26.124.122]) for adam@plexicomm.net

The above is a line from my Exim log file.  Does anyone know under what
conditions a message can be "flagged as spam but accepted"?

Thanks,
Adam

Re: Flagged as spam but accepted

Posted by Bowie Bailey <Bo...@BUC.com>.
 On 7/8/2010 10:52 AM, Adam Moffett wrote:
> 2010-07-08 09:05:01 1OWqmi-0005N3-JU /*SA: Action: flagged as Spam but
> accepted: score=4.0 required=4.0 */(scanned in 0/0 secs | Message-Id:
> 20100708130436.52C7D1CB1A29@mail.microton.com.br). From
> <ca...@habitat.com> (host=NULL [189.26.124.122]) for adam@plexicomm.net
>
> The above is a line from my Exim log file.  Does anyone know under
> what conditions a message can be "flagged as spam but accepted"?

That message did not come from SpamAssassin, but from some program that
integrates SA with Exim.

Most spam filtering systems have two thresholds.  Spam that crosses the
first threshold (generally 5 points with SA), is accepted, but marked as
spam in the subject line and/or the headers.  These messages are
generally sorted into a Spam folder for the user to reference if they
are missing some expected mail.  The second threshold is higher (usually
10-15 points) and causes the message to be rejected completely.

Note that SA only scores and marks up the message.  It is up to your MTA
or whatever "glue" program you are using to handle rejecting the message
or delivering to a spam folder.

--
Bowie