Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Niels Basjes <Ni...@basjes.nl> on 2013/07/15 23:39:44 UTC

Use a URL for the HADOOP_CONF_DIR?

Hi,

When giving users access to an Hadoop cluster they need a few XML config
files (like the hadoop-site.xml ).
They put these somewhere on they PC and start running their jobs on the
cluster.

Now when you're changing the settings you want those users to use (for
example you changed some tcpport) you need them all to update their config
files.

My question is: Can you set the HADOOP_CONF_DIR to be a URL on a webserver?
A while ago I tried this and (back then) it didn't work.

Would this be a useful enhancement?

--
Best regards,

Niels Basjes