Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Juan Fuentes <jf...@base.altanet.org> on 2006/02/22 15:12:33 UTC

A newbie on slide

Hi list!

Let me introduce myself. My name is Juan Fuentes and I am a Java
programmer. My current task is to deploy a "file manager" to let users
to share files. My first idea was to develop a web application, until
I've come across WebDAV. Then I found jakarta-slide and deployed on a
tomcat webserver.

And here the problem begins.

OK. I got a slide webdav server running. But where to find documentation
on how to configure it?? I mean, I've read the docs on
installing/configuring slide on its web (also, the slide-doc
application), but it seems quite simple to understand how to integrate
into our organization.

I understand that the most important file in the configuration system is
"Domain.xml", but the only documentation that I have found is the
comments on the file itself. I need to link slide with an LDAP server to
authenticate users, as an example.

Where should I start?? Something like a "starting guide"??

Thanks in advance.

--
Juan Fuentes <jf...@base.altanet.org>