Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by PerfGuru <my...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2015/04/07 18:54:35 UTC

Performance question...

Hi All,We are noticing when running a simple load test of 25 virtual users that our Tomcat server is running at 40% CPU and transactions are taking over 40 seconds. We setup a test where we focused (in a loop) one of the longer response time requests. The access logs show the log response time and the developers have monitoring via their own logs where they record response times for queries and other things but do not show the response times as being nearly as long as the access logs indicate.We connected up visualvm 1.3.7 remotely and using the sampler the only method response time above 2 seconds on average was the TaskQuery.take() which was over 100 seconds for some reason.We are using some version of 7.x for tomcat and also for the jdk. The tomcat config file is shown below. We are in the process of setting up visualvm on the unix server where Tomcat is running so we can use local mode for visualvm instead of remote.
Any ideas/thoughts appreciated.-Tony

<Connector port="25500" secure="true" compressableMimeType="text/html,text/xml" noCompressionUserAgents="gozilla, traviata" compression="on" disableUploadTimeout="true" connectionTimeout="20000" acceptCount="100" redirectPort="8443" enableLookups="false" minSpareThreads="25" maxThreads="512" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"/>

Re: Performance question...

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: Performance question...

Posted by PerfGuru <my...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Here is the bug reference I found:https://jira.spring.io/i#browse/SPR-11335
Regards,-Tony
Posted by "Balana, Vishal" <Vi...@fmr.com.INVALID>.

Re: Performance question...

Posted by PerfGuru <my...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

RE: Performance question...

Posted by Jeffrey Janner <Je...@PolyDyne.com>.

Re: Performance question...

Posted by PerfGuru <my...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
[...]

If a real user on average take 10 seconds between requests and you have a

Re: Performance question...

Posted by Linus Brimstedt <li...@viskan.se>.
Hello