Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Lukas Steiner <lu...@nowhow.ch> on 2006/09/25 16:27:59 UTC

Messages from scheduled services

Hi,

I write a java service which exports data for an external billing
software.  In future this service should be scheduled monthly. Is there
a way to get messages from a scheduled service that can be listed in ofbiz?

Lukas <ma...@nowhow.ch>

Re: Messages from scheduled services

Posted by Brett Palmer <br...@gmail.com>.
Lucas,

I'm not sure what you mean by listing messages in ofbiz. But in a
service you have several options for messages.  Here are some
examples:

1. Job sandbox will list the status of the scheduled service out of the box.
2. Send an email confirmation from the service upon completion with
your custom message.
3. Store a message in a custom entity
4. Log message in ofbiz logs.
5. Use JMS to post message to a queue for listeners.

Hope that helps.

Brett