Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Clay Leeds <cl...@medata.com> on 2003/04/30 16:53:20 UTC

Help with Character Entities (was Re: Number alignment in TOC)

Sounds like you didn't define the the &ndash; ENTITY (and after
defiining it, you can use it as you are currently doing:

<!ENTITY ndash "&#8211;">

Or you could just replace the "&ndash;" with it's numeric reference
"&#8211;".

I'm sure there are many places on the internet to find the Character
Entity Reference, but here's one I found:

http://xmlfr.org/listes/xml-tech/2001/08/0135.html

Good luck!

--
Clay Leeds - cleeds@medata.com

AW: Help with Character Entities (was Re: Number alignment in TOC)

Posted by anton <a....@aelitha.com>.
Hi!

Sounds like you didn't define the the &ndash; ENTITY (and after
defiining it, you can use it as you are currently doing:

<!ENTITY ndash "&#8211;">

The Entity is defined in the DocBook DTD and works. As i already says, i
don't understand this behavior, but it it works now.

CU
Anton