Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Barrie Selack <bs...@digipixart.com> on 2006/07/12 23:05:06 UTC

Adding classpaths and path mapping

I've been looking through the Tomcat docs (there are so many...) and I
can't find the following two things. I am wondering if they are available?

In Resin you can specify addition class paths for loading resources such as:

     <classpath id='WEB-INF/properties'
                 source='WEB-INF/properties'
                 compile='false'/>
      <classpath id='WEB-INF/hibernate'
                 source='WEB-INF/hibernate'
                 compile='false'/>

Is there a way to do this for a Virtual Host in Tomcat?

Also you can specify path mapping to hide the real path such as:

   <path-mapping>
    <url-pattern>/fakepath/*</url-pattern>
    <real-path>/some/real/path</real-path>
   </path-mapping>

Is there a way in Tomcat to do this?

I'm looking at switching to Tomcat from Resin, but need to find out how
I can do these conversions.

Thanks for any help.

Barrie