Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Alex W. Croton" <AC...@linkfinancial.eu> on 2010/11/23 18:03:03 UTC

Image file upload with Easy FCKEditor

Hi All,

I cannot work out how to get images to upload using the Easy FCKEditor component in Tapestry.

I have created a fresh project, just to test this, using Tapestry 5.2.4,Easy FCK Editor 1.0.5 and the server is Tomcat 6.0.26 [currently being run from Eclipse Helios].

To set this up, I have [almost] followed the instructions on http://t5-easy-fckeditor.kenai.com/Installing.html with the exception of setting the version number to 1.0.4

Following through the above site's very clear tutorials, in the section on 'Supporting File Uploads', as soon as I try and do anything like upload a file or browse the server, I get error messages ("The server didn't reply with a proper XML data") or my browser asking me what to do with this PHP file that it's been given. I have never been treated to the error message that is illustrated on the page.

Apologies if this has been answered before - on searching, I can find a few questions, but no answers that make any sense to me.

Regards,

Alex C

RE: Image file upload with Easy FCKEditor

Posted by 9902468 <vi...@greenstreet.fi>.
Yes, the php parts are totally replaced by Java, the Java implementation is
http://java.fckeditor.net/

EasyFCKEditor is just a bridge between that and T5.

It seems that the configuration that is provided by EasyFCK gets replaced
with configuration which points to php implementation. Any chance that your
fck editor conf declares that?

 - Ville

RE: Image file upload with Easy FCKEditor

Posted by 9902468 <vi...@greenstreet.fi>.
To make myself clearer :) FCK editor defaults to php backend if no
configuration is supplied, but the php backend can be replaced with any
language implementation as long as it just implements all needed aspects.
With T5 pure Java implementation was the only way to go.

 - Ville

RE: Image file upload with Easy FCKEditor

Posted by Jim O'Callaghan <jc...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Thanks for the response Ville.  I'll try to get a test case / project up
over the next few days.  Out of interest, are you saying the php used within
the core fckeditor to populate the dialog in Image Properties --> Browse
Server is completely replaced by your tapestry integration layer?  I've
found my SimpleFckEditorUserRightServiceImpl (bound with
FckEditorUserRightService) and SimpleFckEditorPathServiceImpl (bound with
FckEditorPathService) copied from your examples are never realized, though
they are bound in AppModule and I can step through the bind with a debugger.
The various software versions in use are Tapestry - 5.2.1, fckEditor -
1.0.5, maven-jetty-plugin - 6.1.15

Regards,
Jim.

Posted by Jim O'Callaghan <jc...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Looking through this further it appears to be an issue with FCKEditor core
code running php on Jetty.  I know this is a Tap specific list but have any
Tap 5 users got ex. QuercusServlet working using resin in their pom and
including the quercus jar in their app?  Would be grateful if you could
share your settings - I can 't seem to get anything but the connector.php
served as source from Jetty, rather than quercus compiling / interpreting
it.

Regards,
Jim.

Hi, did you ever get a workaround for this?  From looking around I can see
there are various fixes involving .htacess files / mods to php config but
was hoping there was something obvious within Easy FCKEditor itself ...

Regards,
Jim.