Posted to dev@ranger.apache.org by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org> on 2016/04/08 11:19:44 UTC

New releases + web page

Hi all,

There are a few actions items the project should take with regard to new
releases.

1) The website needs to be updated, the following page only talks about the
0.5 release, there is no mention of 0.5.1 or 0.5.2:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/RANGER/News

2) The download links on the page should not directly reference
dist.apache.org, e.g.:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/ranger/0.5.0-incubating/

Instead it should use the closer.lua script:

www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/incubator/ranger/0.5.2-incubating

3) A separate "download" page should be available on the Ranger site

4) In JIRA, the released versions have not been marked as "released".
Someone with admin rights for Ranger can do this in the version management
part.

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

Re: New releases + web page

Posted by Don Bosco Durai <bo...@apache.org>.
Colm, thanks. I have given you the edit permission.

Regards

Bosco

Re: New releases + web page

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.