Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ryan Bloom <rb...@covalent.net> on 2001/09/06 17:06:22 UTC

[VOTE] Remove mod_ldap

It seems that most people on this list were surprised to see mod_ldap in
the core.  We all expected a small LDAP library in apr-util, and nothing
in the core.  Since there are at least two people who have mentioned that
they would have voted -1 for mod_ldap, can I get a vote to remove it now?

BTW,  +1 from me.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom				rbb@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Remove mod_ldap

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.
Ryan Bloom wrote:

> It seems that most people on this list were surprised to see mod_ldap in
> the core.  We all expected a small LDAP library in apr-util, and nothing
> in the core.  Since there are at least two people who have mentioned that
> they would have voted -1 for mod_ldap, can I get a vote to remove it now?

At the same time it would be nice to get a final release strategy for
mod_ldap, mod_proxy and mod_ssl. It's been on the table for months now
without a conclusion.

I would vote (if I had one) +1 - with the provision that the release
strategy issue is hammered out and resolved soon.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street
						tonight..."

Re: [VOTE] Remove mod_ldap

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.
On Thu, 6 Sep 2001, Ryan Bloom wrote:

> It seems that most people on this list were surprised to see mod_ldap in
> the core.  We all expected a small LDAP library in apr-util, and nothing
> in the core.  Since there are at least two people who have mentioned that
> they would have voted -1 for mod_ldap, can I get a vote to remove it now?

+1 for moving it to an httpd-ldap subproject.

Posted by Cliff Woolley <cl...@yahoo.com>.
On Thu, 6 Sep 2001, Ryan Bloom wrote:

> It seems that most people on this list were surprised to see mod_ldap in
> the core.  We all expected a small LDAP library in apr-util, and nothing
> in the core.  Since there are at least two people who have mentioned that
> they would have voted -1 for mod_ldap, can I get a vote to remove it now?
>
> BTW,  +1 from me.

+0 to remove it from the core.  I don't mind having a small ldap blob in
apr-util, though, and I'm +1 for having an httpd-ldap repository set up to
house mod_ldap.

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com