Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by "Murali Krishna. P" <mu...@yahoo.com> on 2009/06/24 17:27:23 UTC

Biggest HBase Table ?

Hi,
   Apologize if this is already answered. What is the biggest hbase table that is in production or have been tested OK ?
When I say biggest, I mean the number of rows. I am just curious whether somebody is using it for billions of rows with few columns with few KB data in each column.

Thanks,
Murali Krishna

Re: Biggest HBase Table ?

Posted by Ryan Rawson <ry...@gmail.com>.
I think I have the largest tables, a pair of tables (dual indexes)
that have over 9b rows.  With LZO the compressed on disk size is about
500gb each.  Obviously each row is fairly small.

-ryan