Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Brian Pontarelli <br...@pontarelli.com> on 2007/03/20 19:26:15 UTC

Codebehind issue?

I haven't grabbed the code yet, but that is my next step. Just grabbed
all the 2.0.6 JARs and I think I have a dependency issue or something.
Anyone know off the top of their heads?

java.lang.NullPointerException
	org.apache.struts2.codebehind.CodebehindUnknownHandler.<init>(CodebehindUnknownHandler.java:73)
	sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
	java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
	com.opensymphony.xwork2.inject.ContainerImpl$ConstructorInjector.construct(ContainerImpl.java:388)
	com.opensymphony.xwork2.inject.ContainerImpl.inject(ContainerImpl.java:461)
	com.opensymphony.xwork2.inject.ContainerImpl$7.call(ContainerImpl.java:501)
	com.opensymphony.xwork2.inject.ContainerImpl.callInContext(ContainerImpl.java:549)
(snip)

-bp

Re: Codebehind issue?

Posted by Brian Pontarelli <br...@pontarelli.com>.
Yeah, I've done some more investigation. The Struts docs are pretty
lacking in general and I've brought up most of the doc issues before. I
think there are still bugs out there for them. I'm hoping to help clean
them up next week. I was supposed to start on a large project a few
weeks ago that would give me enough time to contribute code and
documentation to Struts2, but I'm just now getting to that project.

I should have a contributors agreement ready to go later this week.

-bp

Re: Codebehind issue?

Re: Codebehind issue?

Posted by Brian Pontarelli <br...@pontarelli.com>.
I use the default memory, which is 64 or 128 I think. However, I'm a
little surprised that unit tests should be creating more than 64M worth
of objects (minus the maven footprint). This seems like an issue to me.
After each test case all test objects should be released. If a test
creates a large set of Objects and the heap space runs out the JVM
should perform a full GC and clear out memory for use. So, this means
one single test case is creating 64M worth of objects.

-bp

Re: Codebehind issue?

Re: Codebehind issue?

Posted by Brian Pontarelli <br...@pontarelli.com>.
Looks like the memory problem is still around. I can't seem to build the
2.0.7 branch. I get a few hundred test failures and a OutOfMemory error.
Not sure where this happens, but somewhere around the
org.apache.struts2.views.jsp.ui.ResetTest.

Anyone else having issues with the tag?

-bp

Re: Codebehind issue?

Posted by Brian Pontarelli <br...@pontarelli.com>.

Re: Codebehind issue?

Re: Codebehind issue?

Posted by Brian Pontarelli <br...@pontarelli.com>.
This occurs when I add this declaration to my struts.properties:

struts.codebehind.defaultPackage=com.texturemedia.prototype_webapp.action

Removing it makes it work fine. This package does exist and there are
classes in there. So, I'm not sure what is happening.

-bp