Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Eric Weidner <es...@pumavision.net> on 2003/02/15 03:10:13 UTC

[patch] Allow use of local CVS repository for changelog

Maven Developers,

Attached is a patched version of CvsChangeLogGenerator.java that
includes support for local CVS repositories.

I had a workaround that was working fine in b7, but it was broken in b8
so I added this tweak.  We use maven on our build machine that has the
cvs repository on it to generate site documentation as part of the
nightly build process so we want local repository access for changelog
as that report is one that is very useful to us.

I couldn't test the remote, but it's a very simple tweak and shouldn't
break anything.  The relevant lines are from 124 to 150.

If you specify the connection string as:

      scm:cvs:local:local:/opt/cvs-repository:project

the code will look for the 3rd token as 'local' and set the cvsroot
appropriately.

Thanks,

Eric Weidner
Out-of-the-Box