Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Edmon Begoli <eb...@gmail.com> on 2005/02/18 03:30:53 UTC

Oracle 9i JDBC configuration with Tomcat 5.5.7 - who is right?

Tomcat authors and users,

Need somebody's definitive word on this:

I am trying to configure JNDI resource in tomcat 5.5.7 for Oracle 9i
(either ojdbc14 or classes12).

I have book Professional Tomcat 5 that instructs me to put Resource and
ResourceProperties inside the Global context or the host.

Tomcat 5.5.7 says to use Resources only and to put inside the context.

Which way is right? Does it matter?

Does anybody has a working example for 9i and Tomcat 5.5.7 to share with me?

Thank you,
Edmon

Re: Oracle 9i JDBC configuration with Tomcat 5.5.7 - who is right?

Posted by Parsons Technical Services <pa...@earthlink.net>.
Just a user, but from the threads on the list and the docs, what is correct
is.....

Both!

The book is in reference to the 5.0.x path and the 5.5.x path is different.

So, since you are running 5.5.7 follow the how to on the web for the element
configuration. Otherwise the data is the same.

Now for where to put it goes like this. For either 5.5.x or 5.0.x you can
put the resource declaration in either the context.xml which makes that
resource available only to that application OR put it in the Global context
in the server.xml to have it as a resource for all apps. The choice is
yours. Whatever fits your needs. If you choose global don't forget the
resource link.

Doug