Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Nilkanth Patel <np...@apache.org> on 2017/05/15 13:01:41 UTC

How to specify shiro.ini while starting locator and server.

Hello,

I have my own shiro.ini (realms, roles, users ) configured in it and want
to secure geode cluster by specifying it.

Kindly let me know While *starting from gfsh*, How can i secure locator,
server specifying the shiro.ini.

FYI: i have tried following options but have not worked form me.
[1]. start locator --name=l1 --J=-Dsecurity-shiro-init=shiro.ini

[2]. set property "security-shiro-init=shiro.ini" in security.properties
 and same has been specified using --security-properties-file
and --properties-file.
     [Getting org.apache.shiro.config.ConfigurationException:
java.io.IOException: Resource [classpath:shiro.ini] could not be found.]

Nilkanth.

Re: How to specify shiro.ini while starting locator and server.

Posted by Jinmei Liao <ji...@pivotal.io>.
Hi, we don't officially support shiro.ini initialization yet. There are
still things that are untested using this property.

--
Cheers

Jinmei