Posted to users@maven.apache.org by sammes <mi...@dkib.com> on 2007/01/10 10:30:10 UTC

How to automatic re-deploy sources (classes/jsp) after changing them ???

Hi,

we are using Eclipse, Hibernate, Ant and Maven2 for a java web application.

At the moment, everytinme I change a JSP or a java class I have to "mvn
package" (redeploy etc.) the whole app.

Then I have to restart our jBoss/tomcat server.

Is there a way to automatical redeploy/refresh this after changing something
?

When I use eclipse/java/ant without maven, I have the hotdeploy. And if
hotdeploy does not work (for e.g. changing a base class), I only have to
restart the jBoss server.

But with the current configuration, I always have to do all (stop server,
mvn package, restart server).

It would be great if you have any idea for this problem!

regards
Michael

Re: How to automatic re-deploy sources (classes/jsp) after changing them ???

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
Check the war:inplace goal and the cargo plugin.

Posted by Petr Ferschmann <pf...@softeu.com>.
Hello,

in case you use only servlet container, you could use jetty plugin
(jetty:run).

But when you use EJB ...

--
Petr Ferschmann

SoftEU s.r.o.
-----------------------------------
Sady Petatricatniku 31
301 00 Plzen
Czech Republic
-----------------------------------
Phone: +420 373 729 300
Fax:   +420 373 729 301
Cell:  +420 775 638 008
E-mail: pferschmann@softeu.com

Re: How to automatic re-deploy sources (classes/jsp) after changing them ???

Posted by Gr...@Countrywide.Com.
"sammes" <mi...@dkib.com> wrote on 01/10/2007 03:30:10 AM:

> we are using Eclipse, Hibernate, Ant and Maven2 for a java web
application.

> At the moment, everytinme I change a JSP or a java class I have to "mvn
> package" (redeploy etc.) the whole app.
>
> Then I have to restart our jBoss/tomcat server.
>
> Is there a way to automatical redeploy/refresh this after changing
something
> ?
>
> When I use eclipse/java/ant without maven, I have the hotdeploy. And if
> hotdeploy does not work (for e.g. changing a base class), I only have to
> restart the jBoss server.
>
> But with the current configuration, I always have to do all (stop
server,
> mvn package, restart server).
>
> It would be great if you have any idea for this problem!

This has been discussed a few times. I've offered a solution that works
for my team that is discussed in this thread:
http://www.nabble.com/tomcat-deployer-tf2628178s177.html#a7340060

-Greg Vaughn

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in and transmitted with this communication is strictly confidential, is intended only for the use of the intended recipient, and is the property of Countrywide Financial Corporation or its affiliates and subsidiaries.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use of the information contained in or transmitted with the communication or dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited by law.  If you have received this communication in error, please immediately return this communication to the sender and delete the original message and any copy of it in your possession.