Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by chi runhua <ch...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/06 11:47:16 UTC

Duplicate clustername value sets in config-subsititions file

Hi all,

I just noticed there are 2 pairs of clusterName=CLUSTER_NAME in
config-substitions.properties.  My understanding of them is one for WADI
clustering and another for farming.

Can we using different keywords to identify them? ie.  farmingClusterName
and WADIClusterName or sth. like that.

Jeff  C

Re: Duplicate clustername value sets in config-subsititions file

Posted by chi runhua <ch...@gmail.com>.
Rex, thanks for the patch.

The solution is fine with me. If there is no objection or question regarding
the change, I'll update the doc(1) when the patch is applied.

(1) http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/farming-using-deployment.html

Jeff C

Posted by Rex Wang <rw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jack Cai <gr...@gmail.com>.
I used to think that server farm is from management point of view
(start/stop, deploy, monitor, etc.), and server cluster is from runtime
point of view (fail-over, load-balancing, etc.). But after a little search,
it seems that many people regard them as the same thing. Some people also
has an interesting distinguishing between them. e.g, [1] classifies clusters
into server farm and server pack. A farm "shares the same applications and
services but do not share the same repository of data", while a pack shares
the data too.

-Jack

[1] http://www.certmag.com/read.php?in=1477

Posted by Rex Wang <rw...@gmail.com>.