Posted to dev@rave.apache.org by Wouter Roosendaal <Wo...@planonsoftware.com> on 2012/09/20 09:08:56 UTC

Configuring Rave with an existing JAAS loging

Hi,

For sometime I have been trying to get Rave to work with an existing JAAS login mechanism. We have a LoginModule that is used by our webapps that run on Tomcat and authenticate against our JBoss application.

I am really not experienced with Spring and especially not with Spring-security. Simply following the tutorials did not get me anything working yet. Can anyone point me into the right direction regarding JAAS and Rave? Or is there an example somewhere that lists the (custom) components that have to be configured in order to make it work?

Grz,
Wouter

Re: Configuring Rave with an existing JAAS loging

Posted by Wouter Roosendaal <wo...@gmail.com>.
My first approach is to make use of the existing infrastructure.

The existing webapp is configured to authenticate via JAAS. So I
reconfigured the tomcat server to use this realm not only in the context of
the 'old' application, but to the whole verver. I added the following to
the server.xml:
<Host appBase="webapps" autoDeploy="true" name="localhost"
unpackWARs="true">
<Valve className="org.apache.catalina.authenticator.SingleSignOn" />

<Realm appName="MyServiceLogin"
className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JAASRealm"
userClassNames="nl.example.security.User"
roleClassNames="nl.example.security.Role" />
</Host>

Rave is installed alongside this webapp and after a succesfull login the
serverwide cookie JSESSIONIDSSO is set.

I followed the instructions in:
http://rave.apache.org/documentation/sso-login.html

Still when logged in I am redirected at the login.jsp listed
in applicationContext-security-extension-sso.xml

Am I missing something when I do things like this? Is this a probable path
to success?

Grz.
Wouter

--
Grz,
Wouter Roosendaal

-- All you need to create a good programming language is a beard. The more
epic the beard, the better your language will be.

by Anonymous Coward on Wednesday March 07, @05:26AM
(#39272965<http://developers.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=2711225&cid=39272965>)

Re: Configuring Rave with an existing JAAS loging

Posted by Raminderjeet Singh <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Wouter,