Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Uladzimir Kavalchuk <Ul...@epam.com> on 2001/12/13 12:44:03 UTC

RE: How to extract multiple columns of data in an tag ?

I had to do the same thing. My bean model is Iterator. Everything WORKS.
Use nested iterate tags on the same name, BUT! you must call previous() in
nested iterate.

                    <logic:iterate id="dummy" name="groupModel">
value=""/>
                        <logic:iterate id="dummy2" name="groupModel"
length="2">
                                  <jsp:getProperty name="groupModel"
property="procDescription"/>
                        </logic:iterate>
                    </logic:iterate>

Please notice:
1. Usage of length attribute in nested <iterate>;
2. Call to "hack" setProperty/back, which does something similar to
previous().

I think this SHOULD be fixed by Struts writers:

...EVERYTHING IS APPROXIMATE:
.... IterateTag.java...
       boolean dontNext;

        Tag tag = findAncestorWithClass( this, IterateTag.class);
        if( tag != null && tag.getName().equals(getName()) ) { // we are in
nested iterate on the same name
	dontNext = true; // parent tag also hasNext, otherwise how could we
come here?
        }
... if( ! dontNext) // add this line
	... next() ....

Posted by Pranjal Bhatnagar <pr...@liqwidkrystal.com>.
Hi!!
        I am a new user of Struts and would really appreciate if one of u
could help us with the problem we are facing.

We are trying to use getParameter method of MultipartRequestWrapper class.
We prepare a HTML form with enctype=multipart/form-data. On Submit, the
doPost method of the Servlet is called. In the post method, we instantiate
MultipartRequestWrapper by
 MultipartRequestWrapper mrw = new MultipartRequestWrapper(request); //
HttpServletRequest request

We then try to get a parameter title using the following call
 mrw.getParameter("title");
This parameter was set initially in the form. However getParameter() returns
a null on execution.
Even getParameterNames() returns null;
How can we retrieve the value of this parameter correctly ?

Thanks in advance,
Pranjal