Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Carl Brodeur <ca...@modelio.com> on 2003/05/07 13:28:48 UTC

Tomcat and byte serving files (bug ?)

Hi:

I am sending you this because I spend DAYS searching for a solution for
this and the documentation (for this) is about inexistant.  I dont
expect to have an answer anytime soon on the use list.

I am trying to serve PDF files on a intranet with byteserving
(this allows speed up the viewing large pdf files by requesting one
page at at time)

It works when the file is served up directly by Apache but when I place
it under a Tomcat
context root it does not work (Acrobat starts when the file is
completely downloaded).

Did any of you came across that problem ?

I use Apache 1.3.27 and Tomcat 1.4.18

Cheers,

Carl

Re: Tomcat and byte serving files (bug ?)

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net>.
I have not seen this problem, doesn't mean it isn't there.

You can work around this problem by configuring Apache to serve static
files such as PDF's if you are using mod_jk 1.2 by configuring a mod_jk
JkAutoAlias or mod_jk 2 by configuring an Apache Alias in your httpd.conf.

See the mod_jk docs.

Regards,

Glenn