Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Girish Vasmatkar <gi...@hotwaxsystems.com> on 2020/02/10 10:39:38 UTC

GraphQL API for OFBiz

Hello

I had been working on adding GraphQL support to OFBiz and could come up
with something that might be of interest to the community. Wanted to gauge
community's interest on the same.

Essentially, I have first tried to enable GraphQL support such that OFBiz
is able to server GraphQL queries, mutations and subscriptions as per the
GraphQL specification (http://spec.graphql.org/). The Java GraphQL library
mostly takes care of it.

The other major part is writing GraphQL schema and I have tried to include
both SDL and programmatic approach to generate the schema. Included a demo
query in the SDL approach to showcase hw OFBiz can server GraphQL requests.

This is the part that I feel needs more work in order to make it more
generalised and I am still working on this.

I have included GraphiQL(https://github.com/graphql/graphiql) and
Playground (https://github.com/prisma-labs/graphql-playground) as two
visual editor tools as well.

Here's the github link for the plug in.
https://github.com/hotwax/ofbiz-graphql

Any feedback, questions, concerns or suggestions are welcome.

Best,
Girish

Re: GraphQL API for OFBiz

Posted by Girish Vasmatkar <gi...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
I am holding another session tonight - please see details below -

Date : 04/03/2020 8:00 PM IST, 10:30 AM EST, 2:30 PM GMT.
Join Hangout Meet : https://meet.google.com/kvm-axrp-fev
Join By Phone : ‪+1 614-881-0100‬ PIN: ‪198 863 972‬#

Agenda:

OFBiz-GraphQL integration

   - Pagination
   - Operation Input Types