Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sébastien Piller <pi...@hmcrecord.ch> on 2008/02/11 09:44:23 UTC

Make Tomcat not clean directory on new deployment

Hello people,

First, I would like to thank you all for your work on this great
project. Tomcat is, was, and will be my favourite webapp server from a
long time ;)

I never need to do a lot with its internal configuration, but now I'm
asking myself if the following stuff could be done:

I have an "upload" directory in my app. Users send us some files
(pictures and swf) and I put them in this directory.

But when I make some update of my webapp, I deploy a .war file. But
*this one doesn't have all the images* that were previously on the server!

Is it possible to tell Tomcat not to clean the webapp directory when a
war file is deployed?

Thank you vm ;)

Re: Make Tomcat not clean directory on new deployment

Posted by Sébastien Piller <pi...@hmcrecord.ch>.
Ok thank you, that's what I was afraid on...

My only problem is that I use a special web framework, I'll try to see
how I can load resource from out of the app in that framework.

Thank you again for your confirmation

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.

Posted by Sébastien Piller <pi...@hmcrecord.ch>.