Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Kushan Maskey <ku...@mmillerassociates.com> on 2014/11/09 16:13:22 UTC

Storm topology not reading from kafka topics when deployed on a server

I have a topology that runs and reads message from a kafka spout
successfully. But when i deploy the same topology and run it on a server it
does not read any message. This code use to run fine earlier like 2 days
before. I am using same configure parameters properties as in the local. I
am stuck and need help asap. Thank you in advance.

--
Kushan Maskey
817.403.7500

Re: Storm topology not reading from kafka topics when deployed on a server

Posted by Kushan Maskey <ku...@mmillerassociates.com>.
BTW, on friday I cleared all the messages manually in kafka for that
particular topic by deleting the kafka-log and zk log. Is storm zk not
pointing to the correct index for the messages that I am posting on kafka?
how do i clear zk logs in storm as I have bunch of log files in zk logs.

--
Kushan Maskey
817.403.7500
M. Miller & Associates <http://mmillerassociates.com/>
kushan.maskey@mmillerassociates.com

Posted by Kushan Maskey <ku...@mmillerassociates.com>.

Posted by Harsha <st...@harsha.io>.
> [...]

> storm.config.executer.transfer.buffer.size=65536

> LMK if there is anything that is not correct. Thanks.

> --
> Kushan Maskey
> 817.403.7500
> M. Miller & Associates[1] kushan.maskey@mmillerassociates.com
>
> On Sun, Nov 9, 2014 at 9:15 AM, Harsha <st...@harsha.io> wrote:
>> __
>> Kushan, Please share your storm.yaml and your KafkaSpout config.
>> Thanks, Harsha
>>

>> On Sun, Nov 9, 2014, at 07:13 AM, Kushan Maskey wrote:
>>> I have a topology that runs and reads message from a kafka spout
>>> successfully. But when i deploy the same topology and run it on a
>>> server it does not read any message. This code use to run fine
>>> earlier like 2 days before. I am using same configure parameters
>>> properties as in the local. I am stuck and need help asap. Thank you

Links:

  1. http://mmillerassociates.com/
  2. http://mmillerassociates.com/

Re: Storm topology not reading from kafka topics when deployed on a server

Posted by Kushan Maskey <ku...@mmillerassociates.com>.
THanks Harsha, here they are,

Posted by Harsha <st...@harsha.io>.