Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Alena Prokharchyk <Al...@citrix.com> on 2012/06/16 00:20:07 UTC

System iso patch missing files in the latest ASF master

I've just tested the latest asf master branch, and java process inside
secondary storage vm fails to start. Here is the error:

bash -x /etc/init.d/cloud start

+ echo -n 'Starting cloud.com service (type=secstorage) '
Starting cloud.com service (type=secstorage) + '[' -f
/usr/local/cloud/systemvm/run.sh ']'
+ _failure
+ '[' -f /etc/init.d/functions ']'
+ echo Failed
Failed
+ echo

Run.sh as well as bunch of other files are missing from systemvm.zip. If
anybody made changes to the way we build our system iso patch, please fix
this problem. At the moment the master is unusable as SSVM responsible for
templates sync/download, and as it's broken, you can't even start a single
user vm.

-Alena.

RE: System iso patch missing files in the latest ASF master

Posted by Nitin Mehta <Ni...@citrix.com>.
Yes, please include it back in build-all.  A lot of folks have already got upset because of this :).

-Nitin

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.

On 19-06-12 14:49, David Nalley wrote:

> On Jun 19, 2012, at 8:39 AM, Wido den Hollander<wi...@widodh.nl>  wrote:

>>> This is fixed in 969741b92, about two weeks ago - though it's a
>>> separate step - if you are building the sysvms you need to run:
>>>
>>> ant build-console-proxy build-all - which should give you what you
>>> need for sysvms.
>>
>> I tried this, but my systemvm.zip/iso is still missing "run.sh" and the other scripts.
>>
>> It seems that the scripts from "console-proxy/scripts" are not zipped.
>>
>> The Ant target package-oss-systemvm also has no reference of packaging these files.
>>
>> Wido
>>

>>> --David
>>

> Wido,
>
> I am traveling at the moment and expect to be in the air for a few hours, though I'll get Internet access at some point. Try reverting both of the commits listed above and see if it works. If it does, commit those reverts.

I did not revert your patch completely, I did a small fixed, commit:
aa95add3542321ac469b88b107346e43d1f7911d

It's not working yet, my Apache in the console VM is still trying to
bind 10.1.1.1:80 which is not available.

That seems to be a different story, but it's a first step.

Wido

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.

Posted by Alena Prokharchyk <Al...@citrix.com>.
On 6/18/12 10:47 AM, "David Nalley" <da...@gnsa.us> wrote:

>On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 1:37 PM, Edison Su <Ed...@citrix.com> wrote:
>> On master branch, build-console-proxy is missing when we build agent,
>>that's why system.zip doesn't have scripts that under
>>console-proxy/scripts.
>> David, in you commit: 859e3673, makes the change. Need to fix it ASAP,
>>or people can't create systemvm on master branch.
>

>This is fixed in 969741b92, about two weeks ago - though it's a
>separate step - if you are building the sysvms you need to run:
>
>ant build-console-proxy build-all - which should give you what you
>need for sysvms.
>

>--David

What was the reason for not including it to build-all? For me "all" sounds
like "build everything", and I expect system to work if I build with
build-all from scratch.

Thank you,

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.

Posted by Edison Su <Ed...@citrix.com>.