Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Just van den Broecke <ju...@justobjects.nl> on 2000/05/21 22:38:38 UTC

Q: info+cowcatcher

Hi,

I've tried to find what the project slide is about without success. Can
someone point me at some relevant links? I also could not find the code.

I'm not sure if this is of interest but I am starting a community named
Cowcatcher to jointly develop Java training materials Open Source. We
use XML as the source and through Java/XSL generate material in
HTML/PDF, most notably slides. Apart that a joint content authoring
system would be applicable to us, the HolyCow! framework to produce
slides may be interesting or possibly even input to your project. Link:
http://www.cowcatcher.org

--Just

Just van den Broecke          just@justobjects.nl
Just Objects B.V.             tel. +31 65 4268627
The Netherlands               http://www.justobjects.nl

Re: Q: info+cowcatcher

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Just van den Broecke wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've tried to find what the project slide is about without success. Can
> someone point me at some relevant links? I also could not find the code.

The "slide" project contains a servlet-based implementation of the WebDAV
(distributed authoring and versioning protocol).  The source code will be
available shortly via anonymous CVS, by checking out the "jakarta-slide"
repository as described on the Jakarta web site.

Craig McClanahan

Re: info+cowcatcher

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@exoffice.com>.
> I've tried to find what the project slide is about without success. Can
> someone point me at some relevant links? I also could not find the code.

You can grab an outdated version (three weeks old, I think) of the source
code, and read some online documentation at http://opendav.exolab.org/

> I'm not sure if this is of interest but I am starting a community named
> Cowcatcher to jointly develop Java training materials Open Source. We
> use XML as the source and through Java/XSL generate material in
> HTML/PDF, most notably slides. Apart that a joint content authoring
> system would be applicable to us, the HolyCow! framework to produce
> slides may be interesting or possibly even input to your project. Link:
> http://www.cowcatcher.org

Nice name !
Isn't that project something like Cocoon ?

Remy