Posted to dev@solr.apache.org by Justin Sweeney <ju...@gmail.com> on 2023/04/24 16:20:41 UTC

[VOTE] Release Solr 9.2.1 RC1

Please vote for release candidate 1 for Solr 9.2.1

The artifacts can be downloaded from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/solr/solr-9.2.1-RC1-rev-a4c64ab6a2a270ca69c28c706dabb2927ed8a7c2

You can run the smoke tester directly with this command:

python3 -u dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py \
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/solr/solr-9.2.1-RC1-rev-a4c64ab6a2a270ca69c28c706dabb2927ed8a7c2

You can build a release-candidate of the official docker image using the
following command:

DIST_BASE=https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/solr && \
  RC_FOLDER=solr-9.2.1-RC1-rev-a4c64ab6a2a270ca69c28c706dabb2927ed8a7c2 && \
  docker build $DIST_BASE/$RC_FOLDER/solr/docker/Dockerfile.official \
  --build-arg SOLR_DOWNLOAD_URL=$DIST_BASE/$RC_FOLDER/solr/solr-9.2.1.tgz \
  -t solr-rc:9.2.1-1

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours i.e. until 2023-04-27 17:00 UTC.

[ ] +1  approve
[ ] +0  no opinion
[ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

Re: [VOTE] Release Solr 9.2.1 RC1

Posted by Kevin Risden <kr...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

SUCCESS! [0:29:48.563934]

Kevin Risden

Re: [VOTE] Release Solr 9.2.1 RC1

Posted by Houston Putman <ho...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Re: [VOTE] Release Solr 9.2.1 RC1

Posted by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com>.
I failed to convince the PMC about the severity of the exploits that I was
hoping to address in the blocker issues. I don't have time nor patience to
pursue those blockers any more. I withdraw my vote (-1) on this release.

Re: [VOTE] Release Solr 9.2.1 RC1

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release Solr 9.2.1 RC1

Posted by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release Solr 9.2.1 RC1

Posted by Noble Paul <no...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release Solr 9.2.1 RC1

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
I maintain my +1 vote, as it is by design to allow full access, even arbitrary plugin code upload, by users with config-edit permission and in unprotected Solr instances.

Re: [VOTE] Release Solr 9.2.1 RC1

Posted by Justin Sweeney <ju...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release Solr 9.2.1 RC1

Posted by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com>.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-16777 is fixed. I've added it to

Re: [VOTE] Release Solr 9.2.1 RC1

Posted by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release Solr 9.2.1 RC1

Posted by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release Solr 9.2.1 RC1

Posted by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release Solr 9.2.1 RC1

Posted by David Smiley <ds...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Release Solr 9.2.1 RC1

Posted by Justin Sweeney <ju...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release Solr 9.2.1 RC1

Posted by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com>.
Hi Justin,

Re: [VOTE] Release Solr 9.2.1 RC1

Posted by Tomás Fernández Löbbe <to...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

SUCCESS! [0:33:17.833968]

On Fri, Apr 28, 2023 at 9:34 AM Arrieta, Alejandro <

Re: [VOTE] Release Solr 9.2.1 RC1

Posted by "Arrieta, Alejandro" <aa...@perrinsoftware.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Release Solr 9.2.1 RC1