Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@gbiv.com> on 2004/11/21 00:04:19 UTC

maven 1.0.1 oddness

I upgraded to Maven 1.0.1 and regenerated the site, but right now
it shows all of the tests as errored (possibly due to API changes),
only two days worth of changelog entries (regardless of timeframe
requested), bags of javadoc generation warnings, and other random
changes that don't seem right.

BTW, in order to reduce churn, I remove the timestamps from generated
files before committing by doing a

find apidocs -name \*.html -print0 | xargs -0 perl -pi \
  -e 's/Generated by javadoc \(build 1.4.2_05\).*--/Generated by javadoc
--/;'

We should start going through the javadoc warnings report and fix
the javadocs, update the tests, etc.  I'd appreciate it if someone
would volunteer to track down the Maven issues, since I need to go
write a paper.

....Roy

Re: maven 1.0.1 oddness

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net>.
> I upgraded to Maven 1.0.1 and regenerated the site, but right now
> it shows all of the tests as errored (possibly due to API changes),

This is due to a code change that requires a re-compile of a java source
(even though it did not change). If I remember correctly some method
signature changed to become static...

So, cleaning the target directory (any existing compiled classes) should
help.

Maybe we should do a 'maven clean' before generating the site?

regards,
  marcel