Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Cui tony <to...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/11 05:12:30 UTC

mahout test

Can anybody give a brief introduction on how to write mahout test? I need to
make a test on an algorithm and I have not found the way.

Thanks!

Re: mahout test

Posted by Jeff Eastman <jd...@windwardsolutions.com>.
What kind of algorithm do you want to test? If it is pure Java you can
write a unit test; look in one of the testing folders for many examples.
If you want to test a MapReduce algorithm, you can write it in a unit
test too, it is just a little more complicated. Look in the clustering
tests for several examples. In these tests we use a dummy output
collector (in-memory version of the Hadoop collector) and test it similarly.