Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ow...@emc.com on 2007/05/15 20:31:32 UTC

Tomcat thinks TCP port is in use

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to get Tomcat 6.0 running on Windows XP.  Whenever I start it
I get the message:

	java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind

I've tried three different port numbers.  I can't find any reason why
Tomcat would think the port was already bound.  According to 'netstat
-a' they are completely free.

Any ideas?

BTW, I've got the Apache server running on the box as well.

Ken

RE: Tomcat thinks TCP port is in use

Posted by Ow...@emc.com.
That did it, Thanks!

Ken

Tomcat has a shutdown port it listens on too. Typically this is 8005

-Tim

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.