Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by xuemei li <xl...@cs.odu.edu> on 2004/05/07 21:52:20 UTC

about ParallelMultiSearcher

Hello all,

I am doing some search work using Lucene 1.4 paralmultisearch.
If I use MultiSearcher.It works well.
But if I use ParallelMultisearcher the code can compile correctly and
cann't execute correctly.The executing error is as following:
org.apache.lucene.search.ParallelMultiSearcher.getStarts()[I
        at
org.apache.lucene.search.ParallelMultiSearcher.<init>(ParallelMultiSe
archer.java:38)
        at SearchFiles.main(SearchFiles.java:92)

Is there anyone know something about it?
Thanks,

Li

Re: about ParallelMultiSearcher

Posted by Felix Huber <hu...@webtopia.de>.
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/cvsindex.html
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-lucene/

"
Anyone can checkout source code from our anonymous CVS server. To do so,
simply use the following commands (if you are using a GUI CVS client,
configure it appropriatly):

     cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic login
password: anoncvs

     cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic checkout
[module-name]

Modules available for access are (click the links to view the CVS tree via
ViewCVS): "

Regards,

Felix Huber

Posted by xuemei li <xl...@cs.odu.edu>.
Thank you for your reply.

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.

Re: ParallelMultiSearcher

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On May 8, 2004, at 12:29 AM, Vladimir Yuryev wrote:
> What requirements ParallelMultiSearch to JVM? What the adjustments of
> memory and for processes of system are required? If it somebody knows,
> let it can be on an example anyone of Unix System.

ParallelMultiSearcher simply spins a separate thread for each index and
waits for the results from all threads before returning results.

Depending on your hardware, you may or may not receive performance
benefits over using plain MultiSearcher.  You would likely need each
index on a separate disk so that you would benefit from parallel I/O.

Beyond standard multi-threaded Java concerns, there is nothing special
about ParallelMultiSearcher, and tuning would be dependent on your
environment.

	Erik

ParallelMultiSearcher