Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Sachith Withana <sw...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/18 11:53:30 UTC

[GSoC 2015] Create a proper LoadBalancer abstraction

Hi all,

I'm Sachith Withana, a final year undergraduate of the Department of
Computer Science and Engineering at University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka. I'm
interested in doing this year's GSoC with Apache jclouds.

I'm already a committer at the ASF and worked with many Apache projects.
But my interests lie at cloud computing and distributed systems.

I would be glad if someone can help me get started on this project.

There were multiple repos at Github and didn't know which one to folk from.

Sachith Withana

Re: [GSoC 2015] Create a proper LoadBalancer abstraction

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <na...@apache.org>.
Hi Sachith,

Thanks for your interest! Please, see the other thread related to the
Load Balancer GSoC project [1].

Regarding the code, you may want to clone the main jclouds repo. The
other "labs" repos are also valid and providers in there are working,
butc ode there might change and can be experimental. You may also want
to check out the getting started guides in the jclouds site [2].

[1] http://markmail.org/message/abw76o2kfejoenpo
[2] http://jclouds.apache.org/