Posted to general@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Simon Steiner <si...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/04 14:55:14 UTC

RE: My Goals for XML Graphics Project

Hi,

Would it make sense to make a bugfix release before requiring a newer JDK.

We have done so far:
FOP-2157: Deadlock in CompareUtil class; fixed typo spotted by Jens Schreiber
FOP-2356: default JAVA_HOME is not compatible with Oracle's JDK on Mac OS X
FOP-2436: Merging of Tagged (Accessible) PDF
FOP-2455 - Fix unnecessary duplication of AFP resource objects as suggested by sdridi@iptech-group.com.
FOP-2465: Fix links to/from 'last' page
FOP-2473: SVG text using filters not shown
FOP-2485: Update xercesImpl to 2.9.1
FOP-2486: Soft font support for TrueType fonts in PCL
FOP-2487: replace cached pages if span condition doesn't match
FOP-2488: Support PDF/UA
FOP-2489: An SVG file using markers is not rendered by FOP 2.0
FOP-2490: Embedded SVG 1.2 not supported by FOP 2.0; fix submitted by Hussein Shafie.
FOP-2491: Adobe Reader error with OTF subset PDF
FOP-2494 - Unable to use Ubuntu Mono Font
FOP-2498: Fix "last" page master usage with force-page-count=end-on-even/-odd
FOP-2499: PDF/UA warnings for nested elements
FOP-2504: Truetype support for AFP
FOP-2507: PDFVT and Page Piece exception using IF
FOP-2508: TTF bullet missing when OTF used
FOP-2509: Add support for PDF/A-3
FOP-2510: Flow name infinite Loop
FOP-2512: fix issue with transparent PNGs with indexed color model
FOP-2530: fix performance regression in MultiByteFont.findGlyphIndex as suggested by dvineshkumar@gmail.com
FOP-2537: Support CMYK JPEG in AFP
FOP-2538: PDF to PDF OOM
FOP-2543: Update avalon-framework to 4.3.1
FOP-2546: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException merging fonts
FOP-2547: Update Xalan to 2.7.2 for CVE-2014-0107
FOP-2548: Support Barcode4J page number
FOP-2552: TrueType in AFP adding extra slash to end of font uri
FOP-2553: Support PDF shading to PS
XGC-93: fix performancy penalty caused by excessive DeflaterOutputStream.write(byte) calls, thanks to Andre Klemann
XGC-97: Add PreloaderRawPNG to handle images ImageIO cant
XGC-103: Include ps-setpagedevice when dsc-compliant is false

Thanks

Posted by Matthias Reischenbacher <ma...@gmx.at>.
Hi,

I think a bugfix release is a very good idea.

One very important bugfix, which seems to have affected a lot of users
and was at least partially fixed:
FOP-2461: NullPointerException in ListItemLayoutManager since
Temp_BasicSideFloat Merge

BR,
Matthias

Posted by Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com>.
On Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 11:29 AM, Simon Steiner <si...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I did the last one and can do this one, I can start tomorrow.

thanks!

Posted by Simon Steiner <si...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Andreas Delmelle <an...@telenet.be>.
Sure.

Simon, let me know if I can help with anything.

KR

Andreas

Posted by Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com>.

Posted by Luis Bernardo <lm...@gmail.com>.
On 1/5/16 5:26 PM, Glenn Adams wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 1:59 AM, Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Sounds good to me Glenn. I'm definitely supportive of moving to Maven. The
>> question is should we do a bug fix release now or wait until you've
>> finished porting the projects to Maven?
>>
> Let's go ahead with a bugfix release first. Do we have any volunteers?
> Simon,  have you done a release yet? Perhaps you could work with Luis on
> this? First, you will need to do a vote.

I would have helped but Simon was too fast... But I will check the release.

Posted by Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com>.

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Clay Leeds <th...@gmail.com>.
I would think we’d want to do one last release before the Maven changes?

Clay

Warm regards,

Clay Leeds  #  949-510-8993 @ the.webmaestro@gmail.com
"My religion is simple. My religion is kindness.”
- HH the Dalai Lama of Tibet

Posted by Simon Steiner <si...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com>.