Posted to bsf-dev@jakarta.apache.org by ant elder <an...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/28 10:25:43 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release BSF 3.0 RC1

On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 6:04 AM, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 7:13 PM, sebb AT ASF<se...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Please review and vote on the BSF 3.0 RC1 release.
>> The artifacts are available at:
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~sebb/bsf-3.0-RC1/
>>
>> and the an SVN tag is at:
>>
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/bsf/tags/bsf-3.0-rc1/
>>
>> The vote will be open for at least 72 hours.
>>
>> S///

> Whats there looks good, +1
>
> There's no Maven staging repo, could that be added to this vote?
>
>   ...ant

We never did sort out the maven artifacts of for the 1.0 release,
which means projects using maven cant use the 1.0 release. I did put
some artifacts up at
http://people.apache.org/~antelder/bsf/3.0-rc1/maven/ during the
release vote, could we consider them part of the 1.0 release vote or
should we have another vote to release them? There was a question
about no license header on one of the generated pom.xml files, but i'm
not sure how to fix that easily and it doesn't seem like a release
blocker to me.

   ...ant

Re: [VOTE] Release BSF 3.0 RC1

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 3:40 AM, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 1:55 AM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 28/10/2009, Rony G. Flatscher <Ro...@wu-wien.ac.at> wrote:
>>>
>>>  ant elder wrote:
>>>  > On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 6:04 AM, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>  >
>>>  >> On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 7:13 PM, sebb AT ASF<se...@apache.org> wrote:
>>>  >>
>>>  >>> Please review and vote on the BSF 3.0 RC1 release.
>>>  >>> The artifacts are available at:
>>>  >>>
>>>  >>> http://people.apache.org/~sebb/bsf-3.0-RC1/
>>>  >>>
>>>  >>> and the an SVN tag is at:
>>>  >>>
>>>  >>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/bsf/tags/bsf-3.0-rc1/
>>>  >>>
>>>  >>> The vote will be open for at least 72 hours.
>>>  >>>
>>>  >>> S///
>>>  >>>
>>>  >>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>  >>> For additional commands, e-mail: bsf-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org
>>>  >>>
>>>  >>>
>>>  >>>
>>>  >> Whats there looks good, +1
>>>  >>
>>>  >> There's no Maven staging repo, could that be added to this vote?
>>>  >>
>>>  >>   ...ant
>>>  >>
>>>  >>
>>>  >
>>>  > We never did sort out the maven artifacts of for the 1.0 release,
>>>  > which means projects using maven cant use the 1.0 release. I did put
>>>  > some artifacts up at
>>>  > http://people.apache.org/~antelder/bsf/3.0-rc1/maven/ during the
>>>  > release vote, could we consider them part of the 1.0 release vote or
>>>  > should we have another vote to release them? There was a question
>>>  > about no license header on one of the generated pom.xml files, but i'm
>>>  > not sure how to fix that easily and it doesn't seem like a release
>>>  > blocker to me.
>>>  >
>>>

>> Surely the header can just be added to the file before it is deployed?
>>

> Fair point, ok I'll do that, and I think I call a vote on releasing
> them just to make sure its all clean and tidy.

<snip/>

I think thats a good idea.

-Rahul

Re: [VOTE] Release BSF 3.0 RC1

Posted by "Rony G. Flatscher" <Ro...@wu-wien.ac.at>.

ant elder wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 7:40 AM, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Surely the header can just be added to the file before it is deployed?
>>>

>> Fair point, ok I'll do that, and I think I call a vote on releasing
>> them just to make sure its all clean and tidy.
>>
>>   ...ant
>>

> Ok that is done now, the staging repo is the same as before
> http://people.apache.org/~antelder/bsf/3.0-rc1/maven/ which is the one
> from earlier with the only change being the bsf-all jar generated
> pom.xml now has an AL header and is resigned.
>
> Please confirm with a +1 to include these in the 3.0 release.
>
> +1 from me.

+1

---rony

Re: [VOTE] Release BSF 3.0 RC1

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Not really sure ...

Re: [VOTE] Release BSF 3.0 RC1

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release BSF 3.0 RC1

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release BSF 3.0 RC1

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release BSF 3.0 RC1

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 28/10/2009, Rony G. Flatscher <Ro...@wu-wien.ac.at> wrote:

>  ant elder wrote:
>  > On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 6:04 AM, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  >
>  >> On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 7:13 PM, sebb AT ASF<se...@apache.org> wrote:
>  >>
>  >>> Please review and vote on the BSF 3.0 RC1 release.
>  >>> The artifacts are available at:
>  >>>
>  >>> http://people.apache.org/~sebb/bsf-3.0-RC1/
>  >>>
>  >>> and the an SVN tag is at:
>  >>>
>  >>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/bsf/tags/bsf-3.0-rc1/
>  >>>
>  >>> The vote will be open for at least 72 hours.
>  >>>
>  >>> S///
>  >>>
>  >>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>  >>> For additional commands, e-mail: bsf-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org
>  >>>
>  >>>
>  >>>
>  >> Whats there looks good, +1
>  >>
>  >> There's no Maven staging repo, could that be added to this vote?
>  >>
>  >>   ...ant
>  >>
>  >>
>  >
>  > We never did sort out the maven artifacts of for the 1.0 release,
>  > which means projects using maven cant use the 1.0 release. I did put
>  > some artifacts up at
>  > http://people.apache.org/~antelder/bsf/3.0-rc1/maven/ during the
>  > release vote, could we consider them part of the 1.0 release vote or
>  > should we have another vote to release them? There was a question
>  > about no license header on one of the generated pom.xml files, but i'm
>  > not sure how to fix that easily and it doesn't seem like a release
>  > blocker to me.
>  >

Surely the header can just be added to the file before it is deployed?

> That would be fine with me.
>  (If a vote was demanded, I would vote +1.)

Likewise.

Re: [VOTE] Release BSF 3.0 RC1

Posted by "Rony G. Flatscher" <Ro...@wu-wien.ac.at>.