Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Thierry Petiteau <ja...@wanadoo.fr> on 2006/07/26 09:27:41 UTC

NT4 compatibility.

Hi all,

i have been using subversion for a while now,i am very happy of it.I
recently decided to install svn client for windows on a NT4.0 os
machine.The installation process does not show any thing wrong but when
i try to access my repository with svn i get  an  error  message like this.

SVN: Network  socket  initialization failed.

I am running NT4 SP6 operating system and my version of subversion is
1.3.1 -r 19032.

i have never had any problem before with os like xp windows2000 and
windows 2000 server.

does any one have any ideas about the problem here? is it a bug?
do i have to report it?

Thanks in advance for any answer.

Thierry

Re: NT4 compatibility.

Posted by Thierry Petiteau <ja...@wanadoo.fr>.
Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:

> Thierry Petiteau wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> i have been using subversion for a while now,i am very happy of it.I
>> recently decided to install svn client for windows on a NT4.0 os
>> machine.The installation process does not show any thing wrong but
>> when i try to access my repository with svn i get  an  error  message
>> like
>> this.
>

> Can you just use TortoiseSVN, rather than trying to use a command line
> client that may have been compiled in an incompatible environment? Or
> can you install CygWin and compile it yourself?

Thank you for your reply, well i plan to use my NT machine with
cruisecontrol to do some automatic compiling so i don't need TortoiseSVN
i just want the svn client for this task. I have downloaded the new
version 1.3.2 of subversion that i am going to try to see if it would work.

Thierry

Re: NT4 compatibility.

Posted by Nico Kadel-Garcia <nk...@comcast.net>.