Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by la...@allianz.de on 2003/09/18 14:35:07 UTC

OJB ignores search criteria

Hello everybody,

I have five tables

A ----- B ----- C ----- D ----- E

and doing a query on E like

Criteria crit = new Criteria();
crit.addEqualTo("dbName","foo1");
crit.addEqualTo("D.C.groupName","foo2");
crit.addEqualTo("D.C.B.A.userName","foo3");
Query q = QueryFactory.newQuery(E.class, crit,true);

Up to now everything is fine. I'm doing the query and get only the
objects of type E I was looking for.
But, if I'm navigating back from E to D (I haven't commited the
transaction yet nor closed the broker), OJB is just using the dbName
restriction and ignoring my C.groupName A.userName restriction.
The generated SQL is just a very short one on table D with where
condition on dbName (dbNr technically) from table E.
Is this a bug or a feature or am I doing something wrong. I assumed
that I can navigate through the objects and only get the one which
apply to my search conditions.

Regards
Lasse
___