Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by dedwards913 <de...@goodwillnwnc.org> on 2018/06/01 13:41:48 UTC

SSH sessions show blank screen after login

I've got a recent install of Guacamole 0.9.14 on CentOS 7, plus MySQL and
LDAP.  My RDP sessions are working fine, but I'm having trouble with the SSH
sessions.  The sessions are set up with the simplest possible configuration
- only the IP address of the target host is specified.  Everything else is
default.

I do connect and get the login and password prompts, but after entering the
password the screen is blank and does not respond.  All I can do is
disconnect using the Guacamole menu.

I've looked at the logs but did not see anything that looked helpful to me.
Please let me know if there is something specific I should check.

Thanks,

DE

Re: SSH sessions show blank screen after login

Posted by dedwards913 <de...@goodwillnwnc.org>.
Hey, thanks everyone.  Turns out it was a routing issue because my guac
server is in a dmz.

Take care,

Posted by Adrian Owen <ad...@eesm.com>.
Does putty connect without issue?

Thanks Nick.  When I try SSH from the guac server command line, I get
"connection refused".

This sounds like a network issue.  Is the system running guacd on a different network from your desktop?  It almost sounds like there's an ACL or firewall preventing the guacd system from communicating with the devices you're trying to manage.

-Nick

Re: SSH sessions show blank screen after login

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.

Posted by dedwards913 <de...@goodwillnwnc.org>.
Thanks Nick.  When I try SSH from the guac server command line, I get
"connection refused".

I normally connect to these devices (Cisco routers and switches) from my
desktop using SSH2 in SecureCRT.  They are set up to allow SSH only, but no
restriction on the source IP.

Nothing new in the logs so far,

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Jun 1, 2018 at 9:41 AM, dedwards913 <de...@goodwillnwnc.org>
wrote:

> I've got a recent install of Guacamole 0.9.14 on CentOS 7, plus MySQL and
> LDAP.  My RDP sessions are working fine, but I'm having trouble with the
> SSH
> sessions.  The sessions are set up with the simplest possible configuration
> - only the IP address of the target host is specified.  Everything else is
> default.
>
> I do connect and get the login and password prompts, but after entering the
> password the screen is blank and does not respond.  All I can do is
> disconnect using the Guacamole menu.

Can you SSH into the systems using the ssh command on the system running
guacd, and does it work that way?

> I've looked at the logs but did not see anything that looked helpful to
> me.
> Please let me know if there is something specific I should check.

You can try starting guacd in debug mode in the foreground (/path/to/guacd
-L debug -f) and see if you get anything else more useful.

-Nick