Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Blumenkrantz, Jason" <Ja...@tfn.com> on 2002/05/01 16:05:01 UTC

Deserialization error upgrading from Beta 1 => Beta 2

I just upgraded my service from Beta 1 to Beta 2 and am getting a strange
error that I was never getting before. Beta 2 works for Axis-based clients,
but for .Net based clients, it fails on select (not all, but some) method
calls, with the following exception. The interesting part is that the
underlying method is being invoked on my service, and the correct object is
being returned, but I am getting this deserialization error immediately
after the return statement. I've looked at the SOAP request XML and they
look roughly equivalent. Any idea what has changed that may cause this?
Thanks in advance
-Jason
jason.blumenkrantz@tfn.com

[JavaProvider]Exception:: !! No Deserializer for null]
        at
org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.processMessage(RPCProvider.java:1
36)
        at
org.apache.axis.providers.java.JavaProvider.invoke(JavaProvider.java:262)
        at
org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:
71)
        at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:154)
        at org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.invoke(AxisServer.java:288)
        at
org.apache.axix.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:576)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:772)
        at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.service(../servlet/JRunSE.java:1416)
        at
allaire.jrun.session.JRunSessionService.service(../session/JRunSessionServic
e.java:1082)
        at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.runServlet(../servlet/JRunSE.java:1270)
        at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.forward(../servlet/JRunRequestDis
patcher.java:89)
        at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.service(../servlet/JRunSE.java:1552)
        at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.service(../servlet/JRunSE.java:1542)
        at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JvmContext.dispatch(../servlet/JvmContext.java:364)
        at
allaire.jrun.jrpp.ProxyEndpoint.run(../jrpp/ProxyEndpoint.java:388)
        at allaire.jrun.ThreadPool.run(../ThreadPool.java:272)
        at allaire.jrun.WorkerThread.run(../WorkerThread.java:75)