Posted to dev@juddi.apache.org by Steve Viens <sv...@attbi.com> on 2003/08/06 15:08:09 UTC

[juddi-Developers] Moved methods from AbstractHandler to XMLUtils

Anou, this will probably have some effect on any JUnit tests you're
building.

In order to allow broader use of the XML utility methods that were in
org.juddi.handler.AbstractHandler I've moved them to a new XMLUtils
class in the org.juddi.util package and made them static.

I also moved the two static writeXML methods from the
org.juddi.util.Serialize class into XMLUtils.

The new XMLUtils class has been added to CVS and all of the Handler
classes have been updated to use it (instead of the inherited methods
that were removed from AbstractHandler).

The Serialize class has been removed from CVS.

Steve

Steve Viens
sviens@attbi.com

Re: [juddi-Developers] Moved methods from AbstractHandler to XMLUtils

Posted by Anou Manavalan <am...@sybase.com>.
Messagehmm.. I didn't commit the changes that I made in the main src/java, since I had some files changed for monitoring which is yet to be tested, that is why it was not building. But moving to XMLUtils sounds like a good idea. I will merge the changes and update mine.

-Anou
  Prior to this change the JUnit test classes in org.juddi.junit.handlers" were not building due to the writeXML and newRootElement methods being "protected" in the AbstractHandler class. I've updated and committed all of these classes to use the new XMLUtils class so that the tests would build.

  I realize that your suggestion of using matching package names probably would have fixed this but moving these methods to a common publicly available utility class seemed like a smart thing to do (so they can be used in other parts of the jUDDI toolkit).

  Steve