Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Andreas Gies <an...@wayofquality.de> on 2013/11/07 08:55:02 UTC

NPE on container shutdown

Hello,

I am using Karaf 2.3.3 and experience NPE during the shutdown of the
Karaf container.
The error does not occur with a plain Karaf container without any
bundles installed.

However, if the container is enriched with HawtIO, Camel and ActiveMQ
the NPE
occurs every time.

The container is shutdown in spite of the exception thrown and karaf.log
doesn't contain
a stacktrace.

I have pinpointed the location of the NPE with a debugger and attached a
screen shot
to this eMail.

The error occurs in

org.apache.servicemix.specs.activator.Activator; line 79.

I *think* the line should be

*this.*bundleContext.removeBundleListener(this);

rather than

bundleContext.removeBundleListener(this);

Best regards
Andreas