Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@mac.com> on 2012/07/17 08:11:06 UTC

Flash Player 11.4 beta and concurrency / workers

Hi,

New beta version of the Flash Player is up on Adobe labs.

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer11-4.html

This contains web workers which could  help parts of the SDK eg printing or at the very least be an interesting area to explore.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/beta/reference/actionscript/3/flash/system/Worker.html

Note however that they are not light weight ie basically full virtual flash player instances I believe.

If you want to compile the SDK with 11.4 the playerglobal,swc can be found here:
http://labsdownload.adobe.com/pub/labs/flashplatformruntimes/flashplayer11-4/flashplayer11-4_p1_playerglobal_071612.swc

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Flash Player 11.4 beta and concurrency / workers

Posted by Jack Zhang <ja...@gmail.com>.
Good News!

--
Jack Zhang

Re: Flash Player 11.4 beta and concurrency / workers

Posted by Dave Geurts <da...@gmail.com>.
Amazing news !!!!!!! last impression I got from the pre-release was that
threads could only do strings.  This is gonna be sooooo huge for my company
*:)    Go adobe!*

Posted by João Fernandes <jo...@gmail.com>.

--

João Fernandes

Re: Flash Player 11.4 beta and concurrency / workers

Posted by Dave Geurts <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.