Posted to builds@apache.org by Uwe Schindler <us...@apache.org> on 2011/03/19 13:10:20 UTC

No diskspace on Lucene Jail

Hi,

the Lucene Jail has no disk space anymore. As the filesystem is shared with
other jails, there seems to be something on another jail using all free disk
space.

[uschindler@lucene ~]$ df -h
Filesystem                             Size    Used   Avail Capacity
Mounted on
zroot/jails/lucene.zones.apache.org     66G     66G      0B   100%    /

Jenkins of cource fails to build.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
uschindler@apache.org
Apache Lucene PMC Member / Committer
Bremen, Germany
http://lucene.apache.org/

Re: No diskspace on Lucene Jail

Posted by Mads Toftum <ma...@toftum.dk>.
On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 01:59:28PM +0100, Uwe Schindler wrote:
> I am unable to delete any files on this machine:
>
> [root@lucene /home/hudson/hudson-slave/workspace]# rm -rf *
> rm: Lucene-3.x/artifacts/changes/ChangesFixedWidthStyle.css: No space left
> on device
> rm: Lucene-3.x/artifacts/changes/ChangesSimpleStyle.css: No space left on
> device
> rm: Lucene-3.x/artifacts/changes/ChangesFancyStyle.css: No space left on
> device
> rm: Lucene-3.x/artifacts/changes/Changes.html: No space left on device
> rm: Lucene-3.x/artifacts/changes/Contrib-Changes.html: No space left on
> device

When that happens, the easy fix is to truncate large files first
(cat /dev/null > file).

vh

Mads Toftum
--
http://soulfood.dk

RE: No diskspace on Lucene Jail

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Hi Gav,

I am unable to delete any files on this machine:

[root@lucene /home/hudson/hudson-slave/workspace]# rm -rf *
rm: Lucene-3.x/artifacts/changes/ChangesFixedWidthStyle.css: No space left
on device
rm: Lucene-3.x/artifacts/changes/ChangesSimpleStyle.css: No space left on
device
rm: Lucene-3.x/artifacts/changes/ChangesFancyStyle.css: No space left on
device
rm: Lucene-3.x/artifacts/changes/Changes.html: No space left on device
rm: Lucene-3.x/artifacts/changes/Contrib-Changes.html: No space left on
device

It deletes some files (its verified that it does, they disappear!) but one
minute later again its 100% full.

We had this issue before, too.  At this time somebody told me that the free
space is shared between multiple JAILs. So for me it looks like I delete the
files and some other process in some other jail fills up the freed space as
soon as it gets free.

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen