Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by "Kalthoff, Marcus" <Ma...@solutionline.com> on 2003/02/27 14:39:14 UTC

boolean AND search

Hi,

I can understand that you need additional + before the search-words to get a "real" AND, but what confuses me is that

10060 && 10040

(which should be the same as AND) does a real boolean AND like

+10060 AND +10040

In the query syntax docu, you read "The symbol && can be used in place of the word AND.". But it is totally different. How do I explain that to my users?

Marcus

From: Daniel Calvo <dc...@ig.com.br>
Subject: Boolean AND query
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 14:12:16 -0300

Hi,

To achieve what you want, you need to use the required operand (+)

--Daniel

Re: boolean AND search

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Are you absolutely sure that those & characters are not getting URL
encoded (I assume this is a web app)?

Otis