Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> on 2007/09/01 00:41:53 UTC

Re: SOAP support in JMS Binding

On 8/31/07, Dinesh Shahane <ds...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was experimenting with JMS binding to transport SOAP and XML messages.
> Current JMS binding implementation supports Text and Object messages and
> Text messages do allow carrying XML. I was thinking of extending this
> binding to support SOAP messages as specified in
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ws-axis-dev/200701.mbox/raw/%3C80A4
> 3FC052CE3949A327527DCD5D6B27020FB65C@MAIL01.bedford.progress.com%3E/3.
> However I was not sure if it falls under Web services binding. Could
> someone
> shed some light on this topic?
>
> Hi Dinesh

There was some discussion about this a few weeks back [1]. As far as I know
no one  has done any work on it to date. Take a look and see what you think.
Thinking back I think the  emphasis of that discussion what providing a JMS
transport to the ws binding through various mean. I'm going to go back and
read what was said also. I don't remember if anyone talked about approaching
it from the point of view of the jms binding.

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org/msg20760.html

Re: SOAP support in JMS Binding

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On 9/5/07, Dinesh Shahane <ds...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Simon,
>
> Thanks for the pointers. I will modify web services binding locally to try
> out axis2 based SOAP/JMS as suggested.
>
> In particular, I am looking to support JMS features such as client
> acknowledgements, application properties, and publications of XML as well
> as
> SOAP messages. I will try it out and with post my findings here.
>
> Dinesh

Simon

RE: SOAP support in JMS Binding