Posted to dev@skywalking.apache.org by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com> on 2021/03/02 09:15:34 UTC

Welcome to submit tasks to Summer 2021 for Chinese students

Hi mentors and students

I have opened the task candidate page on the WIKI[1], every committer could
be a volunteer to be a mentor to provide not more than 3 tasks to the
students.
The student selection process will follow the Summer 2021 committee's
requirements, should be open in the next several weeks.

All committers, we appreciate your works and dedication to educate the
community and students.

To Huaxi Jiang and Ke Zhang
From the community perspective, you are a student and also qualified to be
a mentor, personally, I would like to recommend you to be a mentor. Guiding
people with similar experiences like you were, will be a challenge to you
and you will learn more from that. You are leading a subproject, so, I
think you could easily provide several good and friendly tasks to the
students.
Of course, this is only my idea, it is up to you.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SKYWALKING/Open+Source+Promotion+Plan+-+Summer+2021+Tasks

Sheng Wu 吴晟
Twitter, wusheng1108

Re: Welcome to submit tasks to Summer 2021 for Chinese students

Posted by Hoshea Jiang <fg...@gmail.com>.
Fantastic!

I do have the same idea as you. And I will try my best to be a good mentor :)

Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com> 于2021年3月2日周二 下午5:21写道:

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
Students will begin to apply on May 24th. The sooner we have the tasks open
to the public, we should get more chance to expose these to good candidates.
All mentors, please submit the tasks as soon as possible.

Sheng Wu 吴晟
Twitter, wusheng1108

Ke Zhang <hu...@gmail.com> 于2021年3月2日周二 下午10:30写道:

Posted by Ke Zhang <hu...@gmail.com>.