Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2011/07/26 17:09:11 UTC

jar names for addons - osgi

The build for osgi jars currently is naming them
${project.groupId}.${project.artifactId}_${parsedVersion.osgiVersion}, for
example: org.apache.uima.BSFAnnotator_2.3.1.SNAPSHOT

(actually the current build has a "." in place of the "_" inbetween the front
part of the name and the version information, but I'm pretty sure the convention
is to have an _ instead - so I've changed that)

The binary assembly for the addons is renaming these by dropping the org.apache.
in the front, and dropping the version info in the back.

I'm wondering why it is renaming these.  It seems it would cause confusion to
have two different names - one in the individual "build" of one add-on
annotator, and other when they're packaged up in a binary assembly of all of them.

For now, I'm taking out the renaming of these jars in the binary assembly, but
will put this back if there's a reason for the rename I'm unaware of :-)

-Marshall