Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Jason Harrop <jh...@speedlegal.com> on 2004/03/04 15:34:28 UTC

Re: Installing own schema

Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Jason wrote:
>> I would like to edit (with Bitflux)/validate documents against my own
>> Relax NG schema.
>>
>> I've copied the .rng file into config/doctypes/schemas/ and a sample
>> file into samples/ and made an entry in doctypes.xconf, and restarted
>> lenya, but nothing shows up (I'm expecting to get prompted for the
>> doctype after choosing File > New?)
>

> No, you have to set this up by hand:
>
> config/menus/generic.xsp

okay, i've set that up, and i now get a menu choice: "File > New Seminar Document"

when i click it, i get the metadata screen as expected.

when i hit the create button, i see the html output, but the main part of the
document is blank (ie its not transforming my sample into xhtml).  i just get
the menus etc.  where i expect to see my content, the xhtml contains:

	  &raquo;
	  &raquo;

and isn't followed by my content :(

- it is finding xslt/seminars2xhtml.xsl, since i was getting an exception until
i created it.
- i think it is finding my sample document, since after editing, i can see that
a document exists eg pubs/vscl/content/authoring/s-test-1/dfjzfgzdghjz/index_en.xml

What stylesheet is it which invokes mine after i hit the create button?  (Does
it expect a certain root element?)  Or does it work some other way specified in
an xmap file?

thanks for any help,

Jason

Re: Installing own schema

Posted by Jason Harrop <jh...@speedlegal.com>.
Thanks giampaolo

My problem was that it was using page2xhtml.xsl, and yes, there was a namespace
issue.

My doctype id is seminars, and that's the name of the root node in my document.

So after

         <xsl:apply-templates select="xhtml:div[@id = 'body']"/>

in page2xhtml, i put:

	<xsl:apply-templates select="*[local-name()='seminars']"/>

and it worked.

Evidently seminars2xhtml.xsl is required after you hit the create button, since
without it, I get an XSLTProcessorException.

But its page2xhtml.xsl which has to apply-templates to the seminars document to
actually render the content.

cheers,

Jason

Re: Installing own schema